Possible OWI penalties, depending upon the offense, are:
- Community Service
- Attend alcohol treatment/programs
- Restrictions, suspension or revocation of license
- Plate confiscation
- Vehicle immobilization
- Vehicle forfeiture
The Good News
While a conviction is always a real possibility, other, more favorable outcomes exist, such as:
- Not guilty: A judge or jury could find you not guilty after a trial.
- Dismissal: Your case may be dismissed after a hearing based upon some deficiency in the prosecution’s case.
- Plea: You may plea bargain for a reduced charge or lighter sentence.