Richard had a total of 9 DUI arrests. He had previously lost his license and had gone through a hearing and won his driving privileges back. However, after getting his license back, he started drinking again and was arrested for several more DUI’s. As a result, his license was revoked and he turned to me for help. The challenge here would be to overcome the high number of arrests (9) and to deal with the fact that he had previously been approved for a license only to incur several more DUI arrests.
At the hearing, solid evidence of recovery was submitted:
- AA attendance sheets documenting several years of attendance
- 5 good letters of sobriety along with a letter from his sponsor
- A letter from a person that Richard sponsors at AA
- Treatment records showing successful completion of treatment
- A favorable substance abuse evaluation showing that Richard’s problem was under control and would likely remain that way into the future
The hearing officer was convinced and granted Richard driving privileges.